Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mad Men, Marilyn Monroe & M&M's

My latest Netflix obsession - I have gotten into the AMC Drama Mad Men and am almost done with season 2. If you're able to check it out - do! The basic story line follows a handful of characters working at an Ad Agency on Madison (Mad) Avenue in the 1960s. They smoke, drink and fuck their way through 45 minutes of well written and fabulously costumed drama. It's Awesome. Plus Jon Hamm makes me happy in all the right places.

Of particular interest was the episode I watched last night (seriously, just last night!), it starts off showing that morning's headline: Marilyn Monroe found dead. While that isn't the central plot point of the episode, the event is used as a device to push the story line in an interesting direction.

Fast forward to this morning, NPR tells me that TODAY (August 5, 1962) is the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe being found dead.

FFFFFFRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAKKKYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

And lastly, onto the M&M's. My boss has had a bowl of M&M's on his desk for several weeks and I've done a fairly good job of avoiding them (if you don't count that one (ok, 2) time) but the bowl hasn't been allowed to reach empty. Well, FINALLY the bottom of the bowl can be seen and he is on vacation, so it cannot be refilled. RELIEF! The Siren Song of those sweet little candy coated chocolates has been silenced!

That's all for today folks, which was brought to you by the letter M and the number 55. As in 55 hours until my Plane to North Carolina takes off!

No comments: