Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brand Whore

Within an hour of getting into town, Liz and I were carted off to a bonfire to meet up with a gaggle of her cousins. Both of us were greeted with big hugs and cold beers. After only a few minutes I had learned everyones name and had argued that Nate and Ryan look more like brothers rather than identical twins.

The bonfire was your average bonfire, I suppose. Someone threw fireworks into the fire while everyone was sitting around it, someone else attempted to break a 50lb log with their head and the twins argued over who got to brand who with the red-hot rebarb that was in the fire.
I'm not 100% positive how it exactly went down, but I do know Nate dropped his pants and let his twin, Ryan, brand his ass. I looked over just in time to see contact made and hear flesh sizzle right before Nate cried out and crumbled to his knees. Naturally, after Nate could stand, a back-and-forth happened between them and HOW Ryan was suppose to administer the brand. Nate wanted just the tip, the point, a small dot to make contact with his skin... while what really happened is that Ryan laid a good 10 inches of the metal width wise across his butt. So while Nate was expecting something like this....
His back end actually looks like this...
Nate would spend the rest of the weekend showing this off, not to garnish sympathy votes, but more just to show it off. Since stunts like this one are not uncommon between them, I asked the twins how they managed to not kill each other and/or themselves. Neither could answer. Then Nate threw a firework at Ryan.

Back to the bonfire.

Drinking and general merriment ensued. I outlasted Liz's younger brother, Wes, and I felt pretty awesome about that. And shortly after Wes passed out, we all moved to Ryan's house where the drinking continued. Which probably caused the wrestling tournament to start. I cheered them on and tried to stay out of the way when they knocked over the huge tower of glass bottles. It was right at about this time, Liz and went to swing on the hammock.

When the sun started coming up, I decided that it was time to sleep and that I wanted to sleep in the bed. Since I am the type of girl that will use any and all powers I have to secure a bed to sleep in, I told Nate to show me to his bed. And he did. And we didn't. You could ALMOST say that this makes me some sort of whore and my payment is a bed to sleep in.... almost.

After a few hours sleep, I found Liz still in the hammock. I climbed in, surprisingly without tipping the whole thing over, and asked if I was an honorary member of the family now. She assured me that I was. Happy with my new Boji Family, we fell asleep.

When we made it back to Liz's dad's house, wearing the same clothes they had last seen us in the day before, I felt a little naughty and a lot awesome. We got ready for the afternoon BBQ and then made plans to take the boat out on the lake....

No comments: