Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Babes in Toyland

While yesterday's Santa get-up was accidental or unconscious (take your pick), I chose to take that as inspiration to be more like Santa. And you can't spell Natasha without S-A-N-T-A. It's true. Just try it. You will fail.


Of course this also means that you can't spell Natasha without S-A-T-A-N. But that is a post for different day.


ANYway...

My mom and I wanted to buy some toys to donate to Operation Breakthrough and today was pay day! Over lunch I flew in my sleigh (Honda) to my workshop (wal-mart) and got a handful of toys. It's been years since I've shopped for toys, I had a blast going up and down the aisles. When picking the gifts my only filter was "would I play with this?" I ALMOST got this Dairy Queen ice cream-sundae making machine. But then I realized that I didn't want to make ice cream - I just love to eat it.



I came away with a decent mix of dolls and toys. I picked the girl doll out solely based on her outfit and if I'd wear it. Three have some educational value, so I felt good about that. And my absolute favorite out of the bunch has to be this guy. (He's a lot louder in person.)

If you're able to pay it forward at all this Holiday season I hope that you chose to.

No comments: