Monday, December 20, 2010

Oooooommmmmm

I recently, within the past 4 or 5 weeks, have been meditating in the mornings. So far I'm just trying to settle into the habit of putting aside time each morning, focus on my breathing and attempt to empty my mind. Some mornings have been better than others.

About half of the time Sammy Davis Jr. will come up and rub against my knee or hand wanting some morning love. I don't pay him any attention and he'll eventually leave me alone.

THIS morning I heard him batting around something but I had to put it out of my mind. I was just letting him "be." Then CRASH went one of my plants. It startled the shit out of me and my eyes flew open and my heart was racing. Not too long after the accident, Sammy scampered away unharmed. I decided to continue with my meditation and pick up the mess when I was done.

I had settled back into my breathing. My mind was becoming blank. I was Ommmmm.

And then Sammy yacked up beside me.

Fucking cat.

Thank goodness for hardwood floors.

No comments: