Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thank You Kansas City!

I've said it countless times; I friggin LOVE KANSAS CITY. This morning is a perfect example as to why. I was invited to read my Facebook List "25 Random Facts About Me" on our local, commercial-free, listener supported radio station, KKFI 90.1FM. A dear friend of mine, Mark Manning, is the host and producer of the Wednesday Midday Medley show. To incorporate listeners into their winter Fund Driver, he solicited 6 listeners, who had written the "25" list to come in and read it on air.


It was awesome. I met a few KC personalities that I've adored from afar (Maria Vasquez Boyd & Jim the Blind Guy) and I got to be on the Radio. I was sandwiched by 2 artists I like a lot, Neko Case & Regina Spektor... AND I got to talk about ME! Only a rainbow pooping unicorn could have made the experience better.
For those who haven't read my list yet, or for those who want to read it again (who doesn't?), I give you 25 Random Facts About Me...

1. I've lost 91 pounds and I'm going to lose 47* more.

2. I blog.

3. I've changed jobs 3 times in 18 months, but feel I've finally found my niche.

4. I LOVE to sing and dance, but do both so very badly that I only perform in my kitchen.

5. I love the neighborhood I live in and don't ever want to leave. WHAT UP WEST 39TH STREET!

6. Until very recently, I always felt very awkward in my own skin (and hair). But I think I've finally come to terms with that and can proudly parade my Sideshow Bob Hair around town.

7. Growing up, my family did a lot of weird Iranian sh!t. It. Was. Awesome. Just envision the beginning sequence to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," but then insert me, awkward, fat w/ frizzy hair, and you'd have a pretty good start to understanding my childhood & adolescence.

8. My first car was an '88 Dodge Caravan. My dad gave me that because, and I quote, "they don't make chastity belts anymore..." Thanks Dad.

9. Fish, unless dead, scare the living daylights out of me. ::shudder::

10. I love making lists. I can make lists every day. I have even made lists of all the lists I need to make.

11. I have been married. I do not regret being married or getting divorced, I firmly believe that I needed to experience those years, everything about them. Though the pain/hurt/confusion/whatever I caused to anyone & everyone involved was the hardest thing I've ever done. If that's you, then I want to sincerely apologize.

12. I lived without owning a TV for a year. ONE YEAR. Then I went and bought a brand new one last spring because "So You Can Think You Can Dance" was about to start and I wanted to watch it. I still don't have cable and have no plans to do so. I have rabbit ears on a $500 flat panel tv. It's kinda like pimping out a Chevy Cobalt.... but that's how I roll.

13. Elevators and Escalators frighten me.

14. I could eat 500 pounds of sushi, and still want more.

15. I am one of the founding members of the "Belles of 39th Street" gang.

16. I have two birthdays.

17. I've just recently found my "neat freak" trait and I love it.

18. I tried to be bulimic in the 7th grade. It didn't work.

19. I want to grow old and die in France.

20. I've had a fish hook in my nose. It hurt like a muther focker.

21. I've fallen through the floor of a car. Thankfully and obviously, it wasn't moving at the time. I was 2.

22. I'm learning to read Tarot Cards.

23. I pose "too hard" for pictures and always look awkward in them.

24. Included among my many awesome talents are whistling, crocheting, wrapping, listening and making you laugh.

25. I'm cute, single and, unfortunately for you, not looking to be in a relationship.
THANK YOU KANSAS CITY! I LOVE YOU, GOOD NIGHT!

*2 more pounds GONE!

No comments: