Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goodbye Winter! Hello Spring!!!

Let me start by wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year! Or, in Farsi... Aide shomah Mobarak! (and no, I'm not referencing the recently ousted Egyptian president Hosi Mubarak...)

Secondly let me say that I may need to adjust my promise for Lent to be no TV...during the week. And that Movies are ok and so are TV shows on a DVD.

And third!!! Since today is the Iranian New Year that means that today is the first day of spring! Hallelujah Allah! Spring has Sprung. I've been waiting all winter for this day and I'm so happy it's finally here! The days have been lovely recently and we're all beginning to emerge from our caves. Thrusday, St. Patrick's Day, was BEAUTIFUL and I met up with Sabrina & Lee in Westport to celebrate my Irish Heritage.

Up until Friday I had it on good authority (my mom) that my siblings and I were either 1/64th or 1/128th Irish (she never was sure which). This obviously obligates me to drink green beer and green flavored jello shots come St. Patty's day. On Friday my Maternal Aunt messaged me saying that my mom's mistaken; our lineage is actually Scottish.

Oops.

Oh well. I'll still celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The moral of this story? I don't give a sh!t that you're not Iranian (extra cool points if you are).... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nilufar said...

Man all this time i thought we were Irish. I feel like i don't know who I am. I need to go rediscover myself.