Thursday, January 22, 2009

Butt Support

Thank you for the outpouring of support.


I've consulted my doctor and we don't believe the bone to actually be broken, but I did suffer a nasty bruise with what he calls "secondary inflammation."

I feel LOADS better today. Seriously you guys, Tuesday was touch and go there for a while. I cried twice because it hurt, but that made it hurt worse, so I had to stop! As I told a few people, with all the junk in my proverbial trunk, you would have thought I wouldn't have to worry about bruising. But I guess one could argue that my junk cushioned the fall and prevented a fracture.

And it's a good thing it isn't broken because I've decided today that I'm doing a half marathon in April! Amy-in-the-Lou inspired me to challenge myself (and reassured me that walking is allowed) and I'm signing up for the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon on April 19th. You guys might point out that there are probably many half marathons here in Kansas City that I could participate in, and you'd be correct, however, Amy-in-the-Lou is in St. Louis, hence the nickname, therefore, I shall drive 250 miles to run 13.1. Totally logical.

3 comments:

rubigimlet said...

you need an azzpad before attempting to sled again. these were a must-have for derby chicks.

http://www.azzpadz.com/theazzpad/fit.jpg

amy * stem * said...

Lez do it.

Natasha said...

it's on like donkey kong.

sarah, i'll take one in x-large. thanks!