Monday, January 19, 2009

my broken bum OR birthday sledding

A Happy Belated Birthday to my dear, dear friend Becky! Becky, I love you and hope that you had a great birthday. Becky, naturally, wanted to celebrate her birthday by going sledding Friday night at midnight, since it had snowed.

It is areas such as these that Becky and I don't always see eye to eye. But, I try to amuse her. I borrowed every piece of winter outer layer Liz owned; a snow suit, snow boots, a hat, a HUGE Columbia Jacket... and added it to my own "Keep Warm and Dry" combo of clothing which included, leggings, jeans, 2 pairs of socks, 2 sweaters, ANOTHER coat, a huge scarf and 2 pairs of gloves.

Mobility and bendability were sacrificed in the name of warmth. Also not to be had was flattery (please see picture above).

Armed with a giant intertube and a sled, 6 of us trekked to the hill right off 55th(ish) and Main. We paced ourselves, starting off with the smaller of the hills. Since I haven't been sledding since.... I can't even remember when... 10, 12 years maybe, PLUS the fact I'm a huge chicken sh!t, I was a bystander for the first few goes. When I had finally worked up the courage to go, my inability to bend proved to be an obstacle. But Becky is awesome and she helped bend and put my legs into place.

This is the part of the story where I wish "Future Natasha" would have appeared from thin air (or the trees at the top of the hill) and warn me not to go down.... or at least advised me to stick to the smaller, more tame hills. For as soon as I graduate to the larger hills, I will go down a couple of times, catch some air..... and BREAK MY MUTHER FUCKING TAIL BONE.

Oh

My
Sweet

Jesus

Christ

I was lucky enough that I didn't feel any pain until Monday morning. Why? I am not entirely sure and after reading no less than 3 web pages about a broken coccyx bone, I'm convinced it's broken.

It doesn't stop hurting. It hurts when I stand up or sit down. And I cry like a little girl when I sneeze. Son. Of. A. Bitch. It hurts like no other when I sneeze. Yesterday I was reduced to crawling as the only mode of transportation I could stand. I would laugh, but that hurts too.

No comments: