Monday, April 18, 2011

April Showers bring May.... babies

Baby showers rank right up there with "cavity fillings" or "lady exams" in terms of most least favorite things to do. Usually I'll do the dutiful thing; RSVP, buy something off the registry and show up and play bad baby/mommy themed games. OR tell you I can't make it because I have a dentist appointment that day.

This past Sunday was Kristen's baby shower, and while my lack of enthusiasm for the shower shouldn't reflect my opinion of her (or her unborn child), it should go without saying that I wasn't really looking forward to the event. But several things transpired over the coarse of the afternoon to make it all very memorable.

1. Flattened squirrel on the curb. I refused to go over it I realized the car behind me was waiting for me to pull up so that they could park behind me.

2. Jalapeno Artichoke dip.

3. The mom-to-be's best friend spilt Sangria all over the WHITE carpet.

4. Better than most baby shower games. I won "Pin the Sperm on the Egg."

5. The mom-to-be's step mother spilt her rum and coke IN THE SAME spot. People were cut off after this point.

6. Me and every other non-mom took an (imaginary) shot when we heard the word "nipple." We were (imaginary) WASTED.

I do wish Kristen & Chris all the best in the world! Your baby will be beautiful.

No comments: