Monday, December 15, 2008

I’m ready for my close up...

Does the pope wear a funny hat? Yes.

Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9? Yes.

Natasha, do you want to be in a commercial? Hell Effing Yes.

Cool-Co worker-Carey, to her and the restaurant owner’s eventual chagrin, asked me to be an extra for a Gaslight Grill commercial. I was given instructions to dress nicely and show up at 6. If you’re giving me free drinks, free food and a chance to be on TV… all I need from you is a when and a where.

The whole thing was very glamorous. We sat at the bar drinking and waiting for the shot to get set up for an hour. We drooled over the entire menu while debating which item to order for “the dinning room shot.” I had finally narrowed it down to either the Salmon or the Risotto when we were told to move to the dinning room and to get ready to shoot.

My nerves were mounting, but I felt that my years of high school drama and tournament forensics prepared me for this moment. I needed to keep my energy and my pace up! I had to remember my character and my character’s motivation! And also, I heard my mother’s voice in the back of my head telling me to keep my elbows off the table and chew with my mouth closed. I. Was. Ready.

And then I spilt red wine all over me.

And the table, and the booth. And little bit on the floor too.

Ooooooooh how I wish I was kidding. I was SO embarrassed. Instead of me eating the delicious Risotto, I wanted the floor to swallow me whole. I didn’t know what to do, I just froze and stared at my Shiraz-soaked lap and side boob. I vaguely remember others coming over to the table with napkins and towels but I didn’t move. I kept saying “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.” I wanted to cry but figured they’d DEFINITELY ask me to leave if I did.

So, even though I wish I could have had a less embarrassing experience…..

The back of my head will be featured in a commercial for a local restaurant!

Yeah, they moved me to be ALMOST out of the shot but I don’t think they realized that my hair has a following, so while the wine was on me…the joke is on them!

3 comments:

Kanadka said...

Oh, that is so awesome! I can't wait to see your hair.

KellyHitchcock said...

NICE!!! And way to use Egon's line from Ghostbusters.

Natasha said...

Who TF is Egon?

Yeah.... I've never seen ghostbusters.