Monday, December 22, 2008

A Letter

Dear Megan,

It was so great to see you this weekend. It’s been a while since we last hung out - mainly because I’ve holed myself up in my apartment for the last 6 weeks trying to get all my Christmas presents done. With this past weekend being the final weekend before Christmas I had to make a push to complete everything. When all is said and done and the yarn settles I will have made 16 scarves, 3 pairs of socks, 1 ill-constructed hat, 3 pot holders, 2 purses and 1 other item for my aunt. I’m drawing a blank for what to make her. Any suggestions?

Any way, I am writing you because while it was nice to see you on Saturday, I wasn’t really all there and I *think* that you and I made plans for this Friday…. But I’m not sure… Why was I not with it you ask? Well, Friday night when I got home from work I did what I’ve been doing for the past month and a half; I broke out my needles and yarn and worked on someones gift. A few people called asking if I’d come out and see them. Liz even dropped by to see if I wanted to get a drink with her and Stef, but I passed. I HAD to get these gifts done.

Around midnight I started dragging. I was nodding off between stitches and struggled to keep my eyes open. I debated putting on a pot of coffee but ultimately decided against it because I, just then, remembered that I had an Emergency Sugar Free Red Bull (the BIG can) in my fridge. I am fairly certain that this Red Bull had been in my fridge for about a year. It was like the Ghost of Christmas Awesomeness KNEW I would need a little extra Christmas miracle to get all my gifts made. So, I chugged it and settled back in to my spot on my couch and my PBS programming. When PBS started repeating itself, I put in a movie and kept on crocheting. After Fever Pitch was done, I slipped in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. When that was done “This Old House” was on PBS and after that was done Sesame Street came on, which was brought do me by the letter D and the number 13. Seriously.

And then it was 6am and time to sleep.

I awoke at 11am in a WORLD of hurt but with a mission. While I had made great progress the night before/earlier that morning, there was still a long list of items to complete. So, I settled back into the dent still in my couch from 5 hours ago, and got back to work.

Around 4pm my head hurt and my tummy was growling. I ran to the store to get some food and a 4-pack of red bull. Yes, Virginia – there is a Santa Claus and even he needs a little pick me up to get all his sh!t done.

When I came home I had 2. And I felt GOOD. So, when I met up with you later, I was sleep deprived and high on caffeine. And then we did jaeger bombs. BLECH. And then I drank ANOTHER big can of red bull.

So, hopefully you can see why I am not really sure what plans we made for Friday. I think it had something to do with a party some friends (Jeb and Jessica?) are throwing… but I could be mixing that up with New Years.

Wait – was that even you I hung out with Saturday?

No comments: